Here are some ideas you can start incorporating into your daily life to make you stronger:
- Decrease processed sugar consumption. Sugar increases inflammation which can cause problems such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis, dementia, and digestive disorders.
- Drink more water to prevent dehydration. Lots of health problems can be avoided by keeping all the cells in your body hydrated.
- Increase vitamin D. You can sit in the sun to get vitamin D; mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D, and you can take supplements for it.
- Get more sleep. Your body repairs itself when you sleep. Lack of sleep can lead to accidents, weight gain, poor performance and poor health.
- Foods that can boost your immune system include: garlic, ginger, onions, lemons, limes, and apples.
- Try to eat organic vegetables and fruits. Eat grass-fed animal protein. Avoid dairy and friend foods.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If you use hand sanitizer, be sure that the alcohol content is at least 60%.
- There are essential oils that have antimicrobial functions and immune boosting properties. (Ask your therapist for specific guidance in which ones to use and how to use them).
- Exercise is also a key way to decrease inflammation and boost your immune function.